Wednesday, October 14, 2009

These words have been dancing around in my head today. They are dancing because I have finally decided to give them the space.
Generous, Abundant, More Than Enough.
Can you see them dancing now? Moving gracefully with each other. Floating through the space... encompassing it all with the majesty and glory of the One to whom they belong.

How precious is the space that is freed for the thoughts of My Lord. How much more precious are the thoughts themselves. His thoughts. The thoughts that lead me straight into His presence.

He is generous. He is abundant. He alone is
more than enough.

His Word is generous.
His love is abundant.
His provision is more than enough for me.

Can I even fathom the power in this? As my mind clears out the things of no value, I cling to these Truths as my anchor. Every feeling submits to these uncompromising Truths. Everything is checked against His unchanging nature. I will not soon forget who You are and what Your nature is.
You are generous. You are abundant. You are more than enough for me.

And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship]! Isaiah 30:18 (Amplified)

I am looking and I am longing.


No comments:

Post a Comment