Thursday, August 27, 2009


Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come in and eat with him and he with me. Revelation 3:20

The knock came early in life. Thankful to hear it ...thankful for the invitation. A young heart knows the need, but hardly understands the Gift. The understanding begins to reveal itself on the journey. Realization that the sound of the knock occurs more than once comes much later in life. The invitation is revealed in greater depth each time. How many times have I missed it? Too busy to hear it, or just too busy to open it? Self wants to mourn the loss, but heart encourages. Listen now
There is always grace. Always another invitation.
He stands at the door and knocks. 
I open it and another layer of the Gift unfolds before me and again I am thankful. 

Door to Christ Church Cathedral 1030 AD Dublin, Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment