Thursday, September 16, 2010

While I was busy looking the other way, lost in all my thoughts, my heart did something that it's rather unaccustomed to, it settled. It didn't happen in a moment of revelation. It didn't happen in an intense outpouring of surrender, it just happened.

In early morning light my eye is caught by the soft, hazy blue of the sky, the breeze blows praise through the trees and my spirit whispers, thank you for this day. In this moment, this kind of every day -usually dances right past you moment-, He whispered right back, have you noticed your heart? Now that He mentions it, I have noticed this restful, content place of relief. I wonder back through the past few weeks and confirm it's been growing up, right here in MY own heart. Simple pleasure and satisfaction spread across my face. Isn't that just like His faithful nature to work and tend when I'm not even looking ? To reward my steady, non impressive efforts to hang on to Him... with such a grand prize. What love is this poured out on me?
Thank you Father.
Thank you for this day.
Thank you for this settled heart.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God. 1 John 3:1a


No comments:

Post a Comment