Monday, October 25, 2010

It's a new day, but the sun does not announce it in glory. Instead it is ushered in by rain and dark. It's heavy outside and I relate, tired and heavy in thought. I'm wondering how when you walked this earth You served so many... tireless,with a steady heart of obedience and passion?
What would it take for me to serve in this heart state? I'm wishing my first response would always be yes, with obedience and passion. I'm wishing my first response would never be sin. I find myself there too often. This love of mine flows free with intention, yet walks itself out with much more stumbling.
You are training this heart to be a first responder. To hear you and to move. To be your image bearer. To question less and serve more. A life layed down is free for taking up, by your mighty hands. Father keep me far from rationalization. Appearances deceive. Your power shows up when there seems to be no strength, no time, no desire, no heart. How much more would it show if this life was just layed down in total submission? Give me eyes to see, but further Lord, give me your heart so I may walk out these holy manifestations of You. Keep me from stumbling. May these hands and feet point to You,

El Roi ~ the God who sees.

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45


No comments:

Post a Comment